Monday, September 13, 2010

Hello Friends!

Leaping off of the huge success of my star flight student and internet legend Greg Summers from Student Pilot Journal, I have decided to create a blog of my own. I would like to give some teaching insights into areas I see students commonly confused about as well as share interesting experiences that happen to me while flying.

KMLB - Melbourne Airport
First, a little about me. I first got interested in flying when I was 10 years old after playing a friend’s Microsoft Fight Simulator. I remember the simulator ran off of a floppy disk and the graphics were terrible by today’s standards, but that’s all it took for me to get hooked. When I was 14 my parents started letting me take a flying lesson every couple months as an incentive to get good grades in school and I joined a local organization called the Indian River Flying Club to begin my training. I ramped up the lessons before turning 16 and was able to solo on my 16th birthday and receive my Private on my 17th birthday. I am now 23 years old and have been instructing for 3 years having logged around 2,000 flight hours. Today I train both primary and advanced students, many of them still through the Indian River Flying Club, and also fly corporate part-time for a company based at the Melbourne Airport. Since my first simulator flight I have always had a passion for flying and no matter what plane I am in I think to myself daily how lucky I am to be in the sky.

I am looking forward to creating this blog and hopefully entertaining and educating fellow pilots!  

No comments:

Post a Comment